September 4th Blog Roundup
Hello there! How is it already September? Time flies, truly...
We have some great reading (and watching!) about the best in tech.
- Data Stack @ Wealthsimple [VIDEO]: Mandy Gu of the online investment management firm Wealthsimple takes listeners inside the data technology of one of the financial world's most cutting-edge online outfits.
- What is RevOps and How It Impacts You [VIDEO]: In this webinar, learn about the problems inherent in traditional ops structures, as well as the role technology has to play in RevOps and how to develop your current tech stack to support the RevOps approach.
- Leveraging Data Sources with Xplenty [VIDEO]: This is a great presentation for any Salesforce marketing director who needs to merge multiple data sources into a single reporting view.
- Affordances 101: What You Can Learn About User Interactions: This article will show you how you can design the best affordances (aka visual clues) to guide your site users.
- How a Human Centered Design Process Infinitely Enhances Your UX and UI: This blog post explores the basics of human-centered design and how it overlaps with UI/UX, provides examples, and outlines the process to create a human-centered design.
- Search Bar Design Guide: How to Get Your Users Where They Need to Go: Here's a great article on the search bar, and pointers on how to best design it!
- The Extraordinary Skills of a Business Intelligence Architect: If you're a BI architect, you're probably everything in this article.. but do you match up to what you could be?
- gRPC vs. REST: How Does gRPC Compare with Traditional REST APIs?: This guide goes into what gRPC is, why people use it, and how a gRCP API compares to a RESTful API.
- How Do I Enrich My Data: Data Management and ETL: Here's a great overview of data management and its relation to ETL.
- Docker Containers: The Pros and Cons of Docker: Check out this article for a look at the positives and any negatives when working with the Docker container for app development and deployment.
- Top 5 Mobile Application Performance Monitoring Tools: This article looks at a variety of APM tools and identify their strengths and weaknesses, and compares their benefits/features vs. their price, time to implement, and challenges such as shareability & security.
- Extracting and Visualizing Your Shopify Data (Part 1): The first of a two-part series, this part covers how you can use Xplenty to efficiently extract your Shopify store data and make informative visualizations using tools like Google Data Studio.
- How Secure is AWS Fargate?: Here’s a bit of a comparison between IronWorker and AWS Fargate with regards to security and functionality.
- How To Monitor Mobile Game Application Performance: This article will look at the KPIs you need to monitor as a mobile game developer, the best tools for monitoring these metrics, and how to handle this data in the most effective way.
- Star Schema vs Snowflake Schema: 5 Critical Differences: Check out this article for an in-depth discussion of star schemas as well as snowflake schemas, and a breakdown on what makes them unique.
- Python Celery: Pros & Cons and Reviews: This post goes into the advantages and disadvantages of Python Celery, so that you can decide whether it’s the right choice for your organization.
- Is Tableau an ETL Tool? Data Wrangling & ETL: Check out this article to see how Tableau stacks up against other ETL tools on the market right now.
- Docker Container: How to Create a Docker Container: Here's an article that goes into some of the command lines you might use when manipulating your own Docker images and creating Docker containers.
- MariaDB vs MySQL: Everything You Need to Know: Read this article to learn the five critical differences between these two RDBMSs!
- Amazon Redshift Spectrum vs. Athena: A Detailed Comparison: Speaking of comparison posts, here's one for Redshift Spectrum and Athena.
- A Guide to Free Data Integration Tools: In the same theme, here's a comparison of five data integration tools that are free/have free versions!
Hope you all have a great weekend!