September 3rd Blog Roundup
Here's some great reading about the best in tech.
- Best Practice Spam Protection: Here's a case study about how DreamFactory was able to immediately reduce COGS and increase the quality of their leads via installation of the simple RingCaptcha validation widget.
- What is Net Revenue?: This article introduces you to one of the most important financial metrics for tracking the performance of a business—net revenue.
- Why You Should Switch to Code-Based Design: Learn about the limitations and alternatives to image-based design.
- Bring Your Heroku Postgres Data Into NetSuite: Have you been wanting to migrate your Heroku Postgres data to NetSuite but don’t know where to begin? Here's a guide that will help make your migration seamless.
- Who is Fancy Bear and how can you protect yourself?: Fancy Bear is a Russian cyber espionage group, but what is Fancy Bear, and what have they done? Take a deep dive into Fancy Bear.
- Who is Energetic Bear and how can you protect yourself?: Speaking of, learn about Energetic Bear, likely one of Russia's oldest hacker groups.
- Packagecloud: An Effective Replacement to Bintray: See how Packagecloud works as an alternative to Bintray in this comparison article.
- LTV: Why You’re Measuring LTV Wrong: Learn the typical ways of measuring LTV, and why that might be giving you wrong results.
- 8 Tips for Optimizing an API: See these essential tips for optimizing an API.
- What Are Storybook Args and How They Improve Your Storybook: Here's a brief dive into understanding Storybook and how Storybook Args can be helpful for you.
- Package Management Overview: Utilities and Methods: Learn what packages are and what options you have for package management.
- Spark vs. Tez: What's the Difference?: Are you curious about the difference between Spark vs. Tez? This tutorial provides key insight and answers to questions you may have.
- Net Income vs. Gross Revenue vs. Net Revenue: The Full Guide: Check out this guide which can help you understand what these three terms mean for your business.
- 5 Best Linux Package Managers: This article takes a look at five package managers that deserve your attention.
- Who is Deep Panda and how can you protect yourself?: Deep Panda is a cyber espionage group from China. What have they done to become infamouse? Here's a deep dive into Deep Panda.
- Who is Emissary Panda and How Can You Protect Yourself?: And here's an explainer on Emissary Panda!
- How to Integrate Third-Party APIs Into Your Marketo Campaigns: If you need data from a third-party API, here’s how to get it into your Marketo campaigns, ensuing that you successfully integrate third-party APIs.
- Creating the Ideal Customer Profile as a Startup: A Step-by-step Guide: Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to create your Ideal Customer Profile and use it effectively.
- Sales Outbound 101: The Best Tools for Startups: Learn about the four tools for outreach: prospecting, email automation, email validation, and domain warming.
- What Is Owner’s Equity in SaaS?: See why owner’s equity is important, and how to calculate owner’s equity.
- How to Operationalize your Data Warehouse with Reverse ETL: Learn how Reverse ETL empowers your organization with an operationalized data warehouse.
- How to Build a Successful Microservices Architecture: In this article, they identify some of the key steps you can take to ensure you implement a successful microservices architecture and begin your modernization journey.
- What Does It Mean to Add a Repository to My Sources?: This article explains why adding a repository is needed and how it can be done.
- Everything You Need to Know About ARR: This post is about Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR), a key metric for measuring the success of a SaaS offering.
- What Is YUM Package Manager?: Learn what a YUM Package manager is and the most popular YUM commands and arguments.
- The Importance of CDC for ETL: Change data capture is a vital data integration component for companies that need access to real-time insights. Learn how CDC speeds ETL.
- What Is Chargebee?: Here's an overview on Chargebee that breaks down the features, pricing criteria, etc.
- Alternative Marketing Strategies for SaaS Businesses: If you're in SaaS at all, this is essential reading on marketing!
- How Do I Configure SFTP?: How do you configure SFTP for data integration? This article can help you get started with SFTP configuration in this tutorial.
- What Is the APT Package Manager: Why and How To Use It: In this post, it goes into why you should use the APT package manager and provide guides on how to use it.
Hope you all have a great weekend!