August 27th Blog Roundup
Here's some great reading about the best in tech.
- Understanding Operational Analytics: Operational analytics allows you to make data-driven decisions in real-time. How can you implement this in your company and how can it help you?
- T-Mobile data breach 2021: What happened?: On Sunday, 08/15/2021, T-Mobile suffered a large-scale data breach. What happened? and what could have been done to reduce the breaches?
- Packagecloud has Arbitrary File Support: Learn about arbitrary files and its use cases.
- What is Data Portability and Why is It Important?: Learn what data portability is and why it’s important for complying with regulations like the GDPR and CCPA.
- Storybook Best Practices That Will Improve Your Product Development Process: Check out these best practices to make the most out of Storybook.
- Cash Flow Statements: Examples and Solutions for Your SaaS Business: Here's everything you need to know about cash flow statements, how they’re prepared, and why they’re important.
- What is Maven and Maven alternatives: This article provides an overview of Maven, its goals, how it works, how it is installed, and what are the alternatives.
- Who is Cozy Bear and how can you protect yourself?: APT29—more commonly known as Cozy Bear is a highly sophisticated Russian cyber espionage. Delve deep into what or who is Cozy bear.
- Who is Fancy Bear and how can you protect yourself?: Fancy Bear is a Russian cyber espionage group, but what is Fancy Bear, and what have they done?
- The New API-Led Connectivity: This article explains how API-led connectivity works and what features you can expect in the future.
- Understanding Subscription Revenue: This overview covers the difference between earning revenue and collecting revenue, and how to get subscription pricing right.
- 10 Predictions for the Future of Data Governance: Data governance continues to change business and technology. Predictions include a greater need for technical expertise, changes in data storage, and an emphasis on compliance and security. There are several predictions regarding data governance you need to know.
- Useful Tips for Great App Icon Design: Learn about icon design and the best tips when designing an icon.
- Linux Distributions and the Timelines of their Systems: In this article, they discuss the various Linux distributions and the associated systems—both SystemV or SystemD and the timelines of these systems.
- Cash Accounting: This article breaks down cash accounting advantages and disadvantages.
- How Secure is SFTP?: Just how secure is SFTP? Xplenty explores this file transfer protocol in terms of business data security and effectiveness as part of ETL.
- Keeping Data Secure When Working With Freelancers: Freelancers can now offer creative services with just a handful of employees, but how do you keep your data safe when working with them?
- How is CentOS different from Debian?: The differences between CentOS and Debian described in this article will help you to make the right choice of Linux distribution for working with your server.
- 10 API Developer Mistakes to Avoid: This article discusses the top ten most common API developer mistakes to avoid and in doing so, give you every chance to develop a high quality API.
- What Is Bootstrapping a Business?: Learn about the bootstrapping stages and the pros and cons of bootstrapping.
- Should Designers Code?: See where the designer to developer disconnect comes from and how to bridge that gap.
- Gradle and Gradle alternatives: Check out this Gradle overview and its alternatives.
- What is REST API Design?: Xplenty explains the principles of REST API design and why it is essential for effective ETL and data integration.
- How to Create an Effective Go-To-Market Strategy for Your SaaS Product: Learn how you can create an effective GTM strategy for your SaaS product.
- What is Data Processing?: Data processing allows companies to manage and structure data. But what exactly is data processing, and how can you use it in your business?
- What Is a Custom Domain for Your Repository?: This article is a guide to help you know how to host your repo on a custom domain.
- Monitoring MRR Expansion from Upgraded Subscriptions in Stripe: Check out this guide to learn how can you best monitor expansion for customer upgrades in Stripe.
- What is the Best Way to Move My Data Securely?: Learn about the threats facing data in transit and how to use Extract, Transform, Load solutions to protect it.
- MailerLite APIs & DreamFactory: This article will highlight how easy it is to mount an existing MailerLite API within DreamFactory.
- What Is Podcast Marketing?: Learn the benefits of podcasting and the best practices for creating a podcast.
- Angular vs React vs Vue – Which Framework You Should Use: If you are a UI developer who wants to learn one of these technologies, but can’t decide which framework to learn, a detailed comparison might help.
- Data Engineer vs. Software Engineer: What is the Difference?: This article goes over the differences between data engineers and software engineers.
- Is Deferred Revenue a Liability?: This article will dive into what are liabilities, what is deferred revenue, and how you need to document these values in your accounting.
- Packagecloud: A Well-Suited Package Manager for Alpine Linux: If you are looking forward to getting a package manager for your business that not only supports Alpine Linux but also Gradle, Maven, Lien, SBT, etc.—simply opt for packagecloud package manager.
Hope you all have a great weekend!