September 25th Blog Roundup
We have some great reading (and watching!) about the best in tech.
- Slack Hack Your Salesforce - Integrating Slack with Salesforce [VIDEO]: CTO of Provar Testing, Richard Clark, discusses the many benefits of integrating Slack with Salesforce and explains how to properly do so.
- How Litmus Uses Xplenty to Enable Company-Wide Reporting [VIDEO]: Safiya Moran, Senior Manager of Operations & Data Science at Litmus, shares how Litmus uses Xplenty for company-wide reporting.
- Understanding and Evaluating Cloud-Based ETL Tools: Here's a primer on ETL is, what your ETL options are, and how to find the best choice for your business.
- Cloud ETL Use Cases: ETL for Modern Business: To follow up on the previous article, this one covers Cloud ETL basics as well as use cases of how it relates to you and your business.
- How to Incorporate Facebook OAuth 2.0: Here's a roundup of the OAuth services DreamFactory supports natively.
- Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service): Quick Overview and Tutorial: Check out this explainer on AWS SQS, and examples of it in action.
- Google Analytics: Review, Features, and Resources: Take a look at this review of Google Analytics, especially if you're interested in it from a content marketing perspective.
- Your Passwords Are Only As Secure As Your Teams: Learn about the types of social engineering and how to help employees avoid social engineering.
- Extracting and Visualizing Your Shopify Data (Part 2): This is Part 2 of a series; you can read Part 1 here. Part 2 covers setting up the pipeline.
- MongoDB vs. Redis — Which Database Should You Use?: Here's a comparison article on MongoDB and Redis on features and benefits, and goes into reviews for them as well.
- Presto vs. Hive: A Comprehensive Comparison: Speaking of which, here's another comparison article going into these two options and whether they have the capabilities to manage and transform big data.
- The Importance and Benefits of a Data Pipeline: Check out this article on why data pipelines are important, their benefits, and how to go about building your own data pipeline.
- BigTable vs BigQuery: This comparison article covers a range of topics to discuss these two options, such as OLTP vs OLAP, NoSQL vs SQL, as well as mutable vs immutable.
- Amazon Quicksight: Overview and Review: This overview covers advantages/disadvantages, as well as cost and pricing.
- Integrating Relational Databases with Apache Hadoop: Read this article for a deep-dive into some of the basics about Apache Hadoop, why and how it can work into some of the "traditional" big data stacks within an organization, and the different "pitfalls" that can come up.
Hope you all have a great weekend!