October 9th Blog Roundup
We have some great reading (and watching!) about the best in tech.
- The Importables: Extend the Capabilities of your Components [VIDEO]: Barry Hughes, Senior Developer at Blue Wave Group, explains how Lightning Web Components can deliver unprecedented performance and flexibility to developers.
- Revenue Tracking for Mobile Games (Webinar Recording): If you missed this webinar, no fear! Here's a recording of it, give it a watch!
- Bringing a crazy design idea from prototyping to real-life with confidence: Watch this success story video from Nitzan Ron of BlazeMeter about how to simulate millions of virtual users that interact with a site from different locations on a single screen!
- Two Years with Salesforce DX: Tips and Tricks Learned Along the Way [VIDEO]: In this video, Texei’s CTO, Fabien Taillon, goes over all the tips and tricks he can share after working with Salesforce DX for more than two years.
- 5 Essential Technologies for Microservices App Development: This article goes into the most essential tools/technologies for building large-scale, microservices-based applications.
- Redshift Vacuum: What It Is and When To Use It: Learn what the VACUUM command does, as well as when and how to use it.
- Every Web Application Needs a Background Processing Queue: Check out this article to learn what happens in the background of web applications, and how IronWorker and the Docker environment can help simplify app development and deployment.
- Analysis of SDK Install Lengths and Churn Rates - A Case Study by MightySignal: This article is an investigation of overall average install length for each platform and factors that affect install length, based on 1,000 randomly selected SDKs and 200 of the top SDKs from Android and iOS.
- The 7 Best Content Writing Tools for Agencies: Here are Scripted's 7 favorite tools for agencies to ease the content production process.
- Monitoring CI/CD Pipelines: Learn how to monitor Kubernetes based CI/CD pipelines using Prometheus.
- The Grey Rhino: COVID-19 & Its Impact on Data and Analytics Professionals: Take a look at this article, which questions how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected data and analytics professionals, as well as consequences for the industry.
- Super Easy Batch Processing with Docker and IronWorker: Check out this explainer about how a user-friendly worker and the Docker container structure can help automate batch processing.
- When to Use MongoDB: Benefits and Use Cases: Learn what NoSQL databases are and how they differ from SQL databases, and find out what the common pitfalls are when using this database technology.
- Interaction Design (IxD): The Next Step for UX Designers: Here's a great article on Interaction Design, and how to measure "good" design.
- Stitch vs. Fivetran vs. Xplenty: A Comprehensive Comparison: This Stitch vs. Fivetran vs. Xplenty comparison goes over features, integrations, pricing, and more, so that you can make the choice that’s best for you.
- Comparison of REST vs. SOAP API: This overview goes into what an API does, and why developers choose to use them.
- Securing Your Monitoring Infrastructure: Check out this article, learn how to design your infrastructure in a secure way as well as focus in on how to secure your nodes, and later focuses on the central node that is the point of aggregation between data that is taken from internal nodes.
- Average Cost of a Well-Done Website Design (Or Redesign): This guide goes into the various costs that a website design/redesign might run you, and the pros and cons of doing so.
- 12 SQL-on-Hadoop Tools: Here's a roundup of 12 tools judged on price, features, helpful use cases, accessibility, future potential, and more.
- What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)?: This article lists six of the most important business benefits, and six different use cases for PaaS.
- Anomaly Detection With Graphite: In this walkthrough, learn about Graphite's ability to notify users about the abnormal behaviour of services or infrastructure.
- Creating A User Research Plan (with Examples): Read this guide for tips and examples for how you can build a user research plan that works.
- Top 7 ETL Tools for 2021: Check out this roundup on the 7 of the best ETL software tools for 2021, along with a few others that you may want to consider.
- New Connector: Azure Synapse Analytics: Exciting news for Xplenty users, there's now an Azure Synapse Analytics integration!
- New Connector: DB2: Plus, one for DB2!
- Stitch vs Xplenty: A Comprehensive Comparison: On that note, if you're trying to decide between Stich and Xplenty, this is the comparison post for you.
- MongoDB vs. PostgreSQL: Detailed Comparison of Database Structures: Speaking of comparisons, here's one for database structures.
- How to Share Records Using Salesforce to Salesforce Integration: Here's an explainer on Salesforce to Salesforce integration, as well as all the options and best practices for sharing data.
Hope you all have a great weekend!