October 16th Blog Roundup
We have some great reading (and watching, and listening!) about the best in tech.
- Discover Europe’s Best Foodie Cities with Einstein Analytics [VIDEO]: In this informative and fun video, Steve Mursell, owner of CloudJungle, walks viewers through the process of using Einstein Analytics to find the best places in Europe to eat.
- Marketing Automation: Personalized Communication at Scale [VIDEO]: Karin Tracy explains how you can use the marketing automation tools in Saleforce’s Pardot and Marketing Cloud to ensure your users only get the information they need at the time they need it.
- The Scripted Podcast: Semantic Search with guest Ahref's Michal Pecánek: This episode goes into the history of search, how Google has evolved over time to get to semantic search and what it means for content writers and content marketers.
- The 9 Best Career Blogs on The Web: If you're looking for career advice, check these 9 blogs out and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.
- Humanizing Big Data: A Key Investment in Your Company's Strategic Planning: Here's a fun read about the techniques and thoughts at the bleeding edge of humanized data, and it provides a cheat sheet to get you started on this journey.
- What Is API Gateway Authentication?: Check out this guide to learn about API security, authentication strategies, and API gateway authentication.
- The Future of MightySignal's Ad Intelligence Product: Here's a quick briefing on MightySignal's Parade, take a look if you're into ad intelligence!
- Cluster Monitoring with Prometheus and Rancher: This article is an overview of cluster monitoring using Rancher and Prometheus as well as provide some brief setup tutorials for both tools.
- 4 Reasons Why All Businesses Need a Password Manager: Take a quick look at the four reasons you should be using a password manager!
- New Feature: SSO & 2FA: Xplenty has introduced Single Sign-On and Two-factor Authentication!
- The Hidden Benefits of Alternative Data & Salesforce: Here's a good overview of the market for exotic data focused specifically on the mobile data niche; there's also examples of how major players in the mobile software market use exotic data to build incredible lead generation workflows.
- Traefik and Prometheus for Sites Monitoring: This article will show an example of how to monitor your Traefik installation with Prometheus, and it includes a simple flask app to demonstrate metrics monitoring from Taefik in Prometheus.
- Tips and Tricks to Create a Strong Password: Check out this article for simple tips and tricks to create strong passwords for all your accounts.
- What Actually Constitutes Design Language?: This article takes a closer look at what Design Language is, how it’s created, and the people involved in its development.
- Salesforce Data Migration: Best Practices & Strategies To Make It Successful: This post covers essential data migration strategy to help ensure that your data stays up-to-date.
- Prometheus vs. ELK: This comparison post for these two popular monitoring systems goes into their features, advantages, disadvantages, their differences/similarities, what to choose, and why.
- UX Consulting: How To Know When You Need It: Here's a guide on UX consulting; what stage to bring someone on, what kind of consulting you need, etc.
- Grafana vs. Tableau: Here's a comparison on Grafana and Tableau, which can give you a better idea of what kind of purpose each one has and which one will suit your needs best.
- Meet UXPin Merge: quickly launch a design system devs and designers will love: This article looks at how a classical design system was built and maintained at a forwarding-looking company like GitHub and introduces Merge.
- Redshift vs. Postgres: Detailed Comparison of Performance and Functionality: If you’re looking for a data warehouse that will support your business, here’s how Redshift and Postgre compare.
- Top 5 API monitoring tools: This article does a deep dive into what to consider while choosing a monitoring tool, and the top API monitoring tools.
- Complete Guide to Successful Data Warehouse Implementation: Check out this guide for an 8-Step data warehouse implementation plan, as well as the possible pitfalls.
- Complete Guide to Database Schema Design Guide: Here's a great overview with examples on how companies use database schema designs, what they include, and best practices.
Also, a heads up on a webinar, “Scaling design with DesignOps2.0”: On Oct 29th, 2020 at 10:00 PDT, Erica Rider from PayPal’s internal developer tools team shares some DesignOps best practices and explain how to smoothly transform your design processes, remove UX bottlenecks, and empower product teams with an end-to-end product development lifecycle.
Hope you all have a great weekend!