October 30th Blog Roundup
We have some great reading (and watching!) about the best in tech.
- Trump vs Biden: Who Has a Better Social Media Marketing Strategy?: As the US election looms, maybe check out this article.
- How to Create the Perfect Social Media Post: Check out these marketing tips about what to post on social, and who to partner with to get customers to stop and convert.
- Data Chunking Techniques for Massive Orgs [VIDEO]: In this informative and engaging video, Salesforce Practice Lead at Robots and Pencils, Daniel Peter, offers actionable, practical tips on data chunking for massive organizations.
- What is a Webhook?: Here's a quick guide to creating webhooks with DreamFactory.
- How to Run Cron Jobs Every 5 Minutes, 10 Minutes, or 15 Minutes: Learn how cron jobs work, and how to use them to schedule your routine tasks.
- StatsD: What Is It and How To Monitor It: Take a look at this guide on StatsD!
- How to Apply Strategic Design Principles to UX: Check out these 10 ways to incorporate strategic design thinking into your user experience designs.
- Setting Up an Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse: In this guide, you can learn how to quickly set up a basic Redshift data warehouse as well as load test data and run a few basic queries.
- What is command line interface (CLI)? CLI Basics and Docker CLI: Learn a bit of history about CLI, and about using Docker CLI.
- Pros and Cons of a Command-Line Interface: Check out this breakdown of CLI's pros and cons!
- How to Reduce Your AWS Costs: This article will take a look at how you plan and make decisions surrounding your AWS costs so you can understand how the pricing models really work.
- 16 Core UX Principles That Will Have Your Users Smiling: Design, whether for user experience or user interfaces, is always changing. When you align those changes with these 16 core principles, you’ll never fail to make users smile at your design.
- Data Ingestion Framework Guide: Data ingestion is the opening act in the data lifecycle, but it is just part of the overall data processing system. Learn more with this guide!
- Monitoring Kubernetes with Hosted Graphite by MetricFire: Here's a comprehensive introduction to Graphite, and will walk you through setting up Kubernetes for Graphite monitoring and viewing and plotting metrics.
- User Interface Elements Every Designer Should Know: This article explores some of the common user interface elements and UI terminologies that all designers should have a good grasp on.
- Iterate Faster with Better Data & Supercharge Your Growth [VIDEO]: Casey Holston, the Director of Marketing at Broughton Partners, explains how he used Xplenty to integrate data from advertising campaigns and Salesforce to make daily marketing adjustments to drive a massive spike in Broughton’s growth.
- What is Kubernetes? Business Container Management: This article breaks down what you can do with Kubernetes, its pros and cons, as well as the questions of Kubernetes vs Docker.
- Migrating to TimescaleDB: Metricfire has some updates, including migrating cloud providers, a TimescaleDB migration in beta, and more.
- On-Premise vs. Cloud Data Warehouse: This article dives into whether you should deploy your data warehouse in the cloud or maintain it on-premise.
- The Top BI Events & Conferences: 2021: Here's a list of 5 of the top BI events and conferences in the early days of 2021.
- 10 Virtual Tech Conferences in 2020-21: Speaking of, here's a broader roundup of virtual events!
- MongoDB vs. MySQL: Detailed Comparison of Performance and Speed: This article will help you understand the differences between the performance and speed that they can expect from these two database options.
- Salesforce SQL: Your Guide to Creating and Transforming Salesforce Query Data: Take a look at this article to see how you can use Salesforce SQL to extend the data on Salesforce’s powerful CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform.
- Data Management: Recommended Tools and Guidance: Here's a great guide on the type of data management tools and best ones of the bunch.
- What is the Cost of Poor Data Security?: In case you needed any incentive to bulk up your data security, here's a list of ramifications! Talk about spooky!
If you haven't registered for DreamCon, on November 18th, don't miss out!
Hope you all have a great weekend!