October 23rd Blog Roundup
We have some great reading (and watching!) about the best in tech.
- We’ve open sourced the Merge CLI: The release of the recently announced UXPin Merge introduces a new era for UXPin, take a look!
- Einstein Prediction Builder and Einstein Next Best Action for Lead Curation [VIDEO]: Sikha Baid, a Team Lead at Accenture and certified Salesforce expert, provides a comprehensive walkthrough of how to use Einstein Prediction Builder and Einstein Next Best Action together to create an AI-powered action plan for your leads.
- Email Deliverability in Salesforce [VIDEO]: In this helpful talk, MassMailer co-founder and co-CEO Siva Devaki outlines the key features of email deliverability.
- What Is Kubernetes: A Container Orchestration Platform: Check out this interesting and detailed article that aims to demystify containers, docker, and kubernetes.
- How To Easily Improve Your Data Hygiene: Here's a look at what data hygiene best practices are, and what implementation looks like.
- What is IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)?: Check out this overview for how IaaS works, the business benefits, and how it lines up between other as-a-service tools.
- Oracle vs. MySQL: Detailed Comparison of Syntax & Uses for These Databases: If you're looking to decide on your next database management system, whether to go with MySQL or Oracle, the following comparison will give you the required information to make the right decision.
- The Best Guide to Docker, Kubernetes, & Container-Based Systems: This guide can give you a clear understanding of how Docker and Kubernetes work, and how they fit into the containerization puzzle.
- 6 Things to Look For in Your Next Social Media Writer: Social media is a given, so take a look at this list of 6 qualities of a great social media writer who help ensure your content is the best it can be.
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics: Key Differences & When to Use Each Methodology, Process, Architecture, and Technology: This article will equip you with the right knowledge to intuitively understand the specific characteristics and use cases of BI and data analytics.
- The Most Important KPIs for Monitoring Mobile Games: This post takes a deep dive into the most critical KPIs to keep an eye on for each of the five major areas of mobile game monitoring.
- 9 Virtual Data Security and Governance Events 2020-21: Check out these nine events coming up in the next few months to learn about the latest trends in data security, new best practices in data governance, and innovations that can transform how you manage your data.
- So You Want to be a UX Designer – Google Has a Boot Camp for That: Here's an overview of Google's new UX Design certificate program.
- Xplenty Workflows: Managing Dependent ETL Tasks Easily and Efficiently: This article covers what Workflows are and how they can help you manage inter-dependent ETL tasks.
- How the History of IT Has Changed Over the Years – And Will Keep Changing: Check out interesting read for an introduction to the different eras of IT, each of which built in the technology that came before.
- Hero Image Banners: 4 Effective Ways to Catch User’s Attention Before They Scroll: Here's a great guide to making hero image banners that effectively catch a user’s attention before they scroll.
- DevOps, Containers, and the Cloud: The Evolution of Information Technology: Read on to discover the evolution of information technology and how software development has benefited from it.
- Best Monitoring Tools for Hadoop: Check out this extensive breakdown of the three best monitoring tools for Hadoop, as well as key Hadoop performance metrics to monitor.
- The Top 9 Most Damaging Data Breaches at Major Companies: Many of the breaches listed in this article occurred because of basic cybersecurity failures at multiple levels. Take a look to learn from their mistakes.
- Introduction to Performance Monitoring Metrics: In this article, learn what metrics are and what types of metrics exist, and find out what alerts are and what monitoring is as a whole.
- Why it Makes Sense to Move Your Business Data to the Cloud: Learn when and why should you choose to initiate an on-prem to cloud migration for your business.
- Monitoring RabbitMQ With Prometheus and Grafana: Check out this detailed guide to key RabbitMQ monitoring metrics, built-in CLI, and integration with Prometheus and Grafana.
- Why You Should ETL Your Salesforce Data: In this article, learn why something that makes sense in theory might not be the practice that your organization wants to adopt.
- What is Prometheus?: This article touches on various subtopics like its architecture and how exactly it does monitoring, but also addresses the various possible integrations/tools that can be used alongside Prometheus.
- Storing Big Data: What's the Cheapest Way to Store Big Data in the Cloud?: Take a look at this article to see how much storing big data in the cloud really costs, so that you can have a better estimate for your own organization.
- Monitoring MongoDB Performance: In this article, you can learn the basics of MongoDB, its performance metrics, built-in monitoring commands, utilities and tools, and common monitoring strategies.
- ETL vs. ESB: Key Differences Explained, Pros, Cons & Data Integration Guide: Here's a guide on comparing ETL vs ESB, what factors play into which to choose, and the pros and cons of ETL vs ESB tools.
- What Are The Best Safeguards Against Data Security Threats?: This article covers ten of the best safeguards to keep you and your company safe against common risks you may encounter in your operations.
Here's a reminder for the webinar “Scaling design with DesignOps2.0” coming next week on Oct 29th!
A little more in the future, but also coming up is DreamCon, a virtual conference on November 18th!
Hope you all have a great weekend!