May 15th Blog Roundup
Hello! We're already halfway through May, how does the time get away from me..
Here's a link roundup for this week.
Check out the items below to grab some great reading (and listening) about the best in tech!
- The Scripted Podcast: SEO in 2020 Episode 1: Starting off with podcasts, here's one about SEO in 2020!
- The Top 5 Big Data Events for 2020: Here's a roundup of big data events that's been updated to show which ones are now virtual.
- Prometheus Pushgateways - Everything You Need To Know: This article will tell you everything that you need to know so that you can quickly start using Pushgateways.
- PHP Control Flow: Loop Types and Conditional Statements Explained: Check out this tutorial, which looks at different types of loops and conditional statements, and goes into how to use them in defining logic for code.
- Collectd Plugins: Here's another tutorial for creating a test system with collectd plugins that monitors a Linux machine and pushes these metrics to Graphite.
- Cloud monitoring vs. On-premises - Prometheus and Grafana: Check out this comparison post about cloud-based and on-premises hosting schemes with respect to Prometheus and Grafana.
- Building an AngularJS application using the DreamFactory REST API backend: Here's an overview on how to get started with the DreamFactory Angular sample app, and includes a few examples.
- Top 5 Server Monitoring Tools: If you need to monitor network equipment, identify network trends, present your monitored results graphically, back up routers and switch configurations, here are the top cloud and windows server monitoring tools in the market.
- 3 Ways to Configure Your ETL Process: Check out this article for a high-level illustration of the ETL processing options based on your needs.
- How to Secure REST APIs: API Keys Vs OAuth: This article is a deep-dive into the pros and cons of these two cryptographic security protocols.
- Grafana vs SolarWinds – The Dashboards: This is a great article that goes into the pros and cons of each dashboard by highlighting the capabilities of both tools and compares their key differences in terms of dashboarding.
- PIPEDA and the Privacy Act: Data Regulations in Canada: Brush up on PIPEDA and how to stay compliant!
- Budget Guide to Server Monitoring: If you're looking for a comparison of the most popular server-monitoring solutions, read through this guide!
- 3 Real-World Data Mining & Business Intelligence Cases: Here's a look at how data mining and BI is used per industry, with some real-life cases to illustrate.
We hope you find these useful!