January 29th Blog Roundup
Hello there! We're already at the end of the month, and boy has it been an eventful one.
Here's some great reading about the best in tech.
- SQL-on-Hadoop Challenges: Learn about the ten challenges that crop up when using SQL-like queries in a Hadoop environment.
- Generate A Snowflake REST API in Less Than 5 Minutes: Follow along with this guide to generate a Snowflake REST API with DreamFactory.
- Building a Serverless Web App: Why You Should Consider the Monolith: This article goes into the differences between serverless, microservices, and monolithic approaches, along with the pros and cons of each.
- How to get real-time alerts about SDK installs and uninstalls: If you're a MightySignal user, here's a handy guide for you!
- How to monitor your AWS servers via MetricFire: In this article they explore the basics of monitoring Amazon Web Services (AWS) by feeding metrics to Grafana through Hosted Graphite’s agent and also through Hosted Graphite’s AWS add-on.
- Stages of the Design Thinking Process: Check out these five basic steps in the design thinking process to really make sure your project shines.
- Price Optimization in SaaS: An Introduction: This article is the introduction to a series covering various topics relevant to price optimization for subscription businesses. This part is about how to use data to arrive at an optimal price.
- Price Optimization in SaaS: Customer Retention: This one is part two, in which it discusses the relationship between price change and customer retention, as well as the best metrics and methods for measurement.
- The Biggest Threat to the Security of Healthcare Data: Healthcare organizations bear the brunt of cyberattacks, and it’s only getting worse. Learn about the biggest threat to healthcare data security.
- API Development Best Practices: Check out this article to learn about API development best practices you can put into place to prevent poorly developed APIs.
- Integration Webhook and Iron.io: Here's everything you need to know about webhooks and Iron.io integration.
- Types of UX Research Methods and Their Use Cases: Here's a guide on how to choose the right UX research methods as well, as UX research methods and use-case scenarios.
- AWS Redshift vs. The Rest — What's the Best Data Warehouse in 2021?: See how does AWS stack up against Snowflake, Azure Synapse Analytics, and other traditional warehouse solutions.
- The Benefits of Microapps Explained: Check out this simple explainer on microapps!
- Google Cloud Functions Alternatives: Here’s a look at serverless environments, an overview of Google Cloud Functions, and an alternative worth considering.
- UX Design Patterns You Should Focus On: This articles can advise you on when and how to apply UI design patterns.
- How Nudge Coach reduced customer churn by over 70%: In this post Baremetrics shares their strategy and steps they followed to reduce monthly customer churn by over 70%, and explain how they positioned Nudge Coach for efficient, long-term growth.
- Salesforce Connect: A Beginner's Guide: Learn about Salesforce Connect limitations, features, and the best Salesforce Connect alternative in this quick introduction to Salesforce Connect.
- How To Create A PostgreSQL Stored Procedure: In this blog learn how to create, execute, and modify stored procedures within PostgreSQL.
- Cheapest Messaging Queues: Read this article, learn about some of the cheapest messaging queues, the features they offer, and what users say about their experiences.
- The Rise of the Citizen Developer: This article goes into what citizen developers are, and how citizen development could affect your organization.
- Best Message Queue (MQ) Software in 2021: This list will help you focus on the best message queue software options of 2021!
Hope you all have a great weekend!