March 5th Blog Roundup
Here's some great reading about the best in tech.
- An Iconic Fundraising Tradition Returns with a 21st Century Twist: Learn how Heroku, Xplenty, and Tableau helped the Muscular Dystrophy Association run a new kind of telethon on social media.
- Comprehensive API Management Platforms: Who Has The Most Features?: This overview on these API management platforms is great if you don’t want to bother with managing a suite of small, disparate tools.
- Can You Put a Price on Your Security?: This article explains why it is a small price to pay to invest in a password manager like TeamPassword.
- How to monitor Nginx: Read about Nginx monitoring and its crucial role in application stacks. Use MetricFire's Prometheus together with Nginx for best results.
- Best Tools and Resources for Your Accessible Design: Piotr Źrołka, Accessibility Expert and CEO of Kinaole, shares some tools and resources that he finds useful when working on accessible designs.
- Alteryx vs Xplenty: This guide takes a detailed look at Alteryx and Xplenty from an ETL perspective so you can determine which solution is best for your ETL use-case.
- Google Cloud Run vs. Azure Container Instances: Speaking of comparisons, this one discusses which cloud providers perform well with Docker images and which is the best value.
- Do I Need an API Led Strategy?: Check out this article to learn about the advantages of implementing an API led strategy.
- The Rules of Material Design: Take a look at this article on the rules that will improve your work’s consistency and help it operate on the Android platform.
- How Grafana and Prometheus work together: Here's a great overview of how Grafana and Prometheus work together.
- GDPR: was it really a big deal?: This blog entry explains why the GDPR is definitely a huge deal, and how it massively impacts how businesses manage data security and avoid data breaches.
- Protecting Personal Data: GDPR, CCPA, and the Role of ETL: Learn why ETL is so important for GDPR and CCPA privacy compliance.
- Top 6 Python ETL Tools for 2021: Here's a list of the 6 best Python ETL tools for 2021 with a detailed comparison of features and capabilities.
- How to Reduce your EC2 costs: Check out this guide on how to reduce your EC2 costs by implementing the MetricFire CloudWatch monitoring integration.
- Design with Code: UXPin Merge Tutorial: Here's a tutorial on how to integrate a React-based library into Merge to design with code on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsive Design with UXPin Merge: Speaking of Merge, learn how it can help you with your responsive prototyping.
- SOAP vs REST: What’s The Difference?: This guide breaks down the main issues and unpack some of the key considerations when understanding SOAP vs REST.
- How to monitor AWS Lambda: Learn how to monitor your AWS Lambda with MetricFire, which not only helps in collecting data but also monitors applications running outside of AWS.
- Using Xplenty with Parquet for Superior Data Lake Performance: Check out this guide on how using Parquet format when writing to a data lake can greatly reduce latency and hardware usage.
- DreamFactory 4.5.2 – New Snowflake, Hadoop, and Hive Connectors: Good news if you're a DreamFactory user, check out these updates!
- Oracle API Manager vs. IBM API Management: Is One the Right API Manager for You?: Here's a review on whether Oracle API Manager or IBM API Management can meet your needs while staying within your budget.
- How hard is it to run your own Graphite?: This article in on how time-consuming running your own Graphite can be, and suggests some solutions.
Hope you all have a great weekend!