August 13th Blog Roundup
Hey there! Happy Friday the 13th!
Here's some great reading about the best in tech.
- Why You Need a REST API: Thinking about a REST API for data integration? This article goes over the reasons you need a REST API.
- What Happened During The Twitter Spear-Phishing Attack?: On July 15, 2020, Twitter was hacked using a spear-phishing attack. How did they do it? And how can Twitter protect its self in the future?
- Defining The Value That APIs Deliver To Your API Ecosystem: Learn three distinct ways that an API ecosystem can bring value to you and your business.
- What is GAAP Accounting?: See why is GAAP important and learn the rules of GAAP accounting.
- What Is NetSuite Software?: Here's an all-in-one guide to NetSuite!
- 9 Principles of Mobile App Design: In this article, it goes through the 9 principles of mobile app design and how you can incorporate them into your design work.
- What Happened With The Zoom Credentials Hack?: The video conferencing app Zoom soared due to the pandemic, but with that rapid growth, security flaws were found. See what they were.
- Does Your Team Need a Design Operations Manager?: If your design team members work on several projects simultaneously, it makes sense to bring in someone who knows how to manage designers and developers. Read about this relatively new position.
- Remote Work for Startups: Tips for Virtually Managing Your Team: This article will discuss ways startups can better manage their remote team’s communication and workflow.
- Acid Test Ratio Explained: This article will take you through what the acid test ratio is, the acid test formula, how to calculate it, and more!
- Key Questions to Ask When Building an API: This article will cover some key questions to ask when building an API as well as discuss some important aspects about the API development process.
- What Happened at The EasyJet Data Breach?: The 2020 EasyJet data breach was the 2nd attack on a major European airline in less than 2 years. Learn what happened and how it could've be prevented.
- How to Implement Change Data Capture in SQL Server: Is your company looking for ways to stay up to date with your SQL data integration needs? See how change data capture and Xplenty can help.
- These Storybook Examples Will Inspire Your Component Library: In this post, take a look at some of the best Storybook examples that you can use as inspiration for developing your digital products.
- SaaS Price Increase: How to Raise Prices Without Upsetting Customers: To keep your business afloat, you’ll sometimes need to effect a SaaS price increase. Not only will this help you increase your revenue, but it will also help give you a competitive edge in your industry. Learn how to do it right.
- 5 Top Tips for PostgreSQL API Security: This article covers the five top ways to better secure your open-source database solution.
- SFDC Integrations: This article explores SFDC integrations can help your company succeed by integrating your Salesforce data into other systems.
- Twilio APIs & DreamFactory: This article will highlight how easy it is to mount an existing Twilio API within DreamFactory.
- Building an ETL Pipeline in Python: This guide covers Python ETL tools in detail, including example source code.
- What happened with the CAM4 Data Leak?: In 2020 CAM4 had a data leak that exposed seven terabytes of data. Learn how that happened and what information was compromised.
- How to set up Baremetrics Recover to Maximize ROI: This article walks you through Baremetrics Recover, and show you how to set it up.
- Storybook-UXPin: Review of the New Merge Integration: Check out this review of the Merge integration by the Front end engineer & Digital Content Designer from Fixel Inc.
- What Is Homomorphic Encryption?: Learn what homomorphic encryption is, as well as the potential use cases of this new data encryption paradigm.
- 6 Tips for Hiring off Upwork: This article will cover everything you need to know to successfully hire off Upwork.
Hope you all have a great weekend!