April 24th Blog Roundup
Hello! Hope you and your loved ones are well.
Here's a link roundup for this week!
Check out the items below to grab some great reading about the best in tech.
We have just one COVID-19-adjacent article:
- The Scripted Podcast: Press Releases Episode 2: We shared the first episode of this series before, but in this era of change, it might be useful to brush up on press releases!
Now let's get back to our usual fare:
- AWS CloudWatch Custom Metrics vs Prometheus Custom Metrics: This article is an educational comparison of exposing and using custom metrics with these two popular monitoring applications.
- Open Source Monitoring vs Proprietary Software: Now here's a comparison article on the challenges and benefits of open source monitoring when compared to proprietary software.
- How to Use Lambdas in Ruby: Here's an article about how and when to use lambdas, as well as the difference between lambdas and Procs and the performance profile of lambda functions.
- Graphite Graphing and Monitoring tool: Check out this overview to learn all about Graphite!
- Difference Between Microservices and Web Services: Check out this detailed overview of the differences between microservices and web services!
- ETL Testing Fundamentals: Check out these basics to get the most out of your ETL solution.
- EC2 CloudWatch Metrics: This article covers the significant EC2 metrics and how to make a dashboard with them using CloudWatch.
- SQL Server Best Practices: With so many SQL tutorials available online, it’s easy to get confused about SQL server best practices; this article contains five suggestions so you can add security to your server while optimizing its performance.
- MuleSoft vs. Xplenty: Comparison and Review: Check out this comparison article for a look at MuleSoft vs. Xplenty from a number of comparative angles such as price, user interface, capabilities, and customer support.
- CI for Kubernetes Applications: This a part 2 of a 3-part Kubernetes CI/CD series (Part 1 was here). This one is a deep-dive into various continuous integration stages and discusses a production-ready workflow for Kubernetes applications.
- Understanding the Risks of Non-Compliance: Check out this article to learn about the security basics that you need to follow to remain compliant, as well as the penalties of failing to comply.
- Top 5 Open Source Server Monitoring Tools: This is a great article with overviews of the top open source server monitoring tools, with example screenshots to give you a glimpse.
- 8 Business Intelligence Blogs You Need to Read: Here's a roundup of BI blogs that can guide you on the road to becoming a BI master.
Also, the XForce Data Summit is coming up in NEXT WEEK! Have you booked your spot yet? It's a virtual conference with over 30 speakers for Salesforce users to share best practices, workflows, and lessons learned around Salesforce data and integrations.
We hope you find these useful!