April 17th Blog Roundup
Hello! Hope you're all hanging in there and staying safe, in every capacity that means to you.
Here's a link roundup for this week!
Check out the items below to grab some great reading about the best in tech.
Here are the obligatory COVID-19-related articles:
- Staying Mindful During the Coronavirus Self-Quarantine: Fairly self-explanatory! It includes some concrete suggestions that are pretty easy to start!
- An Inside Look: How to Overcome the Challenges of Working Remote: Although it's from 2017, these points still remain true here in this strange time in 2020. Give it a read!
- The Scripted Podcast: Press Releases Episode 1: A lot of companies are making press releases in this turbulent time; why not give this podcast a listen to learn more?
Now let's get back to our usual fare:
- CloudWatch Pricing: This article goes into some examples of the CloudWatch pricing scheme, and ways to reduce your monitoring costs.
- How to Start Using Counter Caches in Rails: Here's a great guide to start using counter caches in Rails, with some examples for reference.
- Building Microservices Applications With an API Gateway: Advantages and Strategies: This is a great article that starts by defining what API gateways are and moves on to how they work, what their benefits are, and even outlines some strategies for developing and building an API gateway for yourself.
- Graphite vs Prometheus: This particular comparison article is especially informative because it also gives recommendations on when to use each product!
- Stitch vs. Xplenty: A Comprehensive Comparison: Here's a 7-point guide that looks at both solutions to see how they measure up to each other.
- CI/CD Pipelines for Kubernetes Applications: This is part 1 of a three-part Kubernetes CI/CD series; this part covers the fundamentals.
- 8 Best ETL Tools for MySQL Data Warehouses and Databases: If you're looking for an ETL tool for your MySQL data warehouse/database, this guide is a must-read to making an informed decision.
- How to Build Optimal Docker Images: Check out this guide that's just chock-full of diagrams and examples to help you build optimal Docker images!
- Protecting Personal Data: GDPR, CCPA, and the Role of ETL: This is a really in-depth article that compares GDPR and CCPA, and how to optimize and enhance data protection using ETL.
- Grafana vs PowerBI - Using Grafana for your business metrics: Check this out to see how Grafana can be used for business metrics, as wells as what the best dashboards are for business metrics monitoring and how to set them up.
- Hosted Prometheus vs DataDog: This article will take a look at why using Hosted Prometheus by MetricFire can improve your monitoring experience and offer more functionality.
Also, the XForce Data Summit is coming up in 11 days! Have you booked your spot yet? It's a virtual conference for Salesforce users to share best practices, workflows, and lessons learned around Salesforce data and integrations.
We hope you find these useful!