April 10th Blog Roundup
Hello! Hope you're all hanging in there and staying safe, wherever you happen to be.
Here's a link roundup for this week!
Check out the items below to grab some great reading about the best in tech.
Right here is the obligatory COVID-19 article:
- Surviving the Coronavirus Self-Quarantine: Here are some suggestions to help lighten your load as you spend this time in self-quarantine.
- 5 Work-From-Home Security Measures for Data Teams: In the current time where so many are working from home, here are the most important measures you can take to protect your organization and its valuable data.
Now let's get back to our usual fare:
- Hosted Graphite Announces Its Expansion with the Foundation of MetricFire: Here's a press release from Hosted Graphite, give it a read!
- What is MetricFire?: Following up on the one above, here's an overview of MetricFire.
- MetricFire Reviews: Now that you've read that one, check out the reviews!
- Prometheus vs InfluxDB: This article describes and compares Prometheus and InfluxDB; go see which one suits your needs best.
- WSO2 and DreamFactory: A Competitive Analysis: Check out this comparison between API management platforms!
- Azure SQL vs MySQL: What are the Differences?: This one is a comparison and review for Azure SQL and MySQL.
- MySQL vs MS SQL Server – Which Database Reigns Supreme?: See these relational database management systems pitted against each other! This is what we have instead of sports these days.
- Grafana vs Chronograf and InfluxDB: Here's another comparison post, this time for system performance monitoring tools!
- Elixir GenServers: Overview and Tutorial: This overview has basically everything: examples and use cases, how to implement a GenServer in Elixir, and GenServer monitoring and debugging!
- 7 Key Differences Between Data Lakes & Data Warehouses: Here's a breakdown of the differences, as well as how your business can use them most effectively.
- Best Practices for ETL Architecture: This one covers the best practices for ETL architecture but also goes into the most common challenges you might encounter.
- Using ETL for HIPAA Compliance: Here's a great article on what HIPAA is, why it’s important, and how to maintain data security.
- Grafana alerting: Check out this tutorial to learn how to create and configure Grafana Alert rules.
- What’s The Next Step After Jitterbit Cloud Data Loader for Salesforce?: Check out your options if you're currently using Jitterbit CDL for Salesforce, but if you haven’t implemented Jitterbit yet, there's low-cost (or free) suggestions for alternatives too.
We hope you find these useful!