November 15th Blog Roundup
We're back with our weekly link roundup!
Check out the items below to grab some great reading about the best in tech.
- Spark vs. Hadoop MapReduce: Here's a comparison article for these two platforms.
- Ring-Fencing APIs: Modernizing Legacy Databases: Learn how businesses can work to modernize their legacy databases by making the information within them accessible via an API.
- PHP Advanced Exceptions Tutorial: In this blog post, it covers how to avoid these situations though exception handling, specifically on software exceptions and how to address them using Hypertext Preprocessor, or PHP.
- Configuring Python StatsD Client: Check out this overview and tutorial on StatsD.
- Who said ETL has to be hard?: Here's a great overview on ETL, and the most pressing challenges faced by business that use ETL.
- Getting started with AWS CloudWatch: Take a pass at this comprehensive overview of AWS CloudWatch's main 4 features.
- SQL MONEY Data Type: Should you use MONEY or DECIMAL to store money in SQL Server? Get the straight scoop here.
We hope you find these useful!