March 13th Blog Roundup
Hope you're all staying healthy and washing your hands!
Here's a link roundup so you have some reading material while you're stuck indoors.
Check out the items below to grab some great reading about the best in tech.
- How to monitor Python Applications with Prometheus: If you're having problems monitoring multi-process applications with Prometheus, check out the four workarounds!
- Monitoring Kubernetes with Prometheus: Last week, there was Part I of this guide; this part covers the "Four Golden Signals" of building an observable system.
- The 15 Best Podcasts for Engineers: Do you need some listening material? Check out this roundup of developer podcasts!
- The Scripted Podcast: Blog Posts Episode 2: Want to listen to something less technical? How about this podcast about content marketing and SEO?
- Migrating off SolarWinds: a Customer Success Story: Check out this case study of a proprietary trading firm that migrated to Hosted Graphite.
- Microservices Examples: How Amazon, Netflix, Uber, and Etsy Broke Their Monoliths and Scaled to Unprecedented Heights with Microservices: Speaking of case studies, check out these Microservice examples.
- Benefits of Heroku Connect in Salesforce: Here's a hypothetical example of how Xplenty and Heroku Connect can be used together.
- 7 Actionable Tips to Pitch Your Data Strategy to Your Board or Executive Team: Here are seven actionable tips for when you're pitching your data strategy.
- Kubernetes Networking 101: This part 3 of a blog series about Docker networking (Part I, Part II); this part addresses Kubernetes Networking!
- Docker Networking 101: Here's a primer on the most crucial container networking concepts. You don't need to be an expert on Docker expert, but it's better if you have a basic understanding of networking, Docker, and Kubernetes for this one.
- Low-Code Data Management: Check out this explainer on data management!
- New Relic vs. Scout: which is right for you?: If you're waffling between APM products, take a look at this comparison post.
We hope you find these useful!