July 31st Blog Roundup
Hello again! It's already the end of July, time flies!
Check out the items below to grab some great reading (and watching!) about the best in tech.
- Agile vs. Scrum vs. Kanban: Which Project Management Methodology is Right For Your Team?: Before we jump into the tech, check out this comparison of project management methodologies!
- Expertise in the Salesforce Ecosystem and Beyond [VIDEO]: Watch this 43 min seminar from author and Salesforce expert Phil Weinmeister for an all-encompassing talk about the platform and his work.
- Rightsizing Your Salesforce ETL Solution [VIDEO]: Here's a talk featuring Leonard Linde (Salesforce Specialist) and Mark Smallcombe (CTO of Xplenty), explores the state of ETL tools as they’re available today, focusing on how one goes about choosing the right tool for their ETL task.
- Combining Segment with Salesforce [VIDEO]: In this video, Tamás Srancsik, Data Analyst at Bitrise, discusses his experience with connecting Segment with Salesforce, and describes why Segment’s Salesforce destination was not suitable for Bitrise.
- What is the Best ETL Tool for Big Data Analysis?: This article covers 4 ETL tools for big data analysis, including their pros, cons, and user reviews.
- How Do You Test a SOAP and REST Service?: This article will explain SOAP vs. REST, how to test SOAP and REST web services, and show you some of the top SOAP and REST testing tools available for your use today.
- AWS Fargate vs. IronWorker: Check out this comparison article to learn about these two industry-leading container management services.
- AWS Fargate vs. Kubernetes: On a similar note, this one compares AWS Fargate with Kubernetes.
- AWS Fargate Pricing and Alternatives: Finally, this article goes into the PRICING of AWS Fargate.
- Authentication SDKs in the Mobile Marketplace: What Happens When Digital Handshakes Break Down?: Here's an interesting read on authentication SDKs, take a look!
- Moz: Tool Reviews, Pricing, & Alternative: This tool overview goes into the pros and cons, as well as the pricing and alternative if it's not quite your thing.
- Tips for Monitoring Kubernetes Applications: Check out this incredibly comprehensive guide on monitoring Kubernetes applications!
- What is Serverless Computing?: Take a look at this primer on serverless computing, which also covers the current market landscape!
- The Top 7 Container Management Software: Here's a review of 7 top container management software, referencing G2 and user ratings.
- Logging for Kubernetes: fluentd and ElasticSearch: This article is chock-full of useful information about microservices architecture, containers, and logging.
- Kubernetes Security: Secrets from the Trenches: Also a Kubernetes article, this time on security; it includes tips to help you handle architecture concerns, dependencies, and container vulnerabilities.
- Cassandra vs MongoDB: Everything You Need to Know: Here is a comprehensive look at Cassandra vs MongoDB, and how the two databases stack up against each other.
- Is SSIS a Good ETL Tool?: This article explains the major features of SSIS, the pros and cons of implementing it, and advises as to when you might be better off with a different ETL tool.
- Is ETL Still Relevant?: To wrap up this week's roundup, an article on if ETL is relevant (spoiler: it is!). Read on though, to learn why.
We hope you find these useful!