June 12th Blog Roundup
Here's a link roundup for this week.
Check out the items below to grab some great reading (and listening) about the best in tech!
- The Scripted Podcast: Content Promotion Episode 1: This week's listening recommendation is the first in a mini-series about content promotion!
- DynamoDB vs MongoDB: 5 Critical Differences: Check out this comparison post if you're trying to make an informed decision on which one is for you!
- What is Data Migration?: Here's a great explainer on data migration, with tips on how to prevent catastrophe.
- 7 Approaches to Legacy System Modernization: This article has a quick recap of the basics and explains how they fit into a number of legacy system modernization strategies.
- Azure Integration with Graphite and Grafana: This guide will teach you how to integrate Azure data sources with Graphite and Grafana, and how to monitor metrics from the applications hosted in Azure cloud on Grafana dashboard.
- Simple way to offload container based background jobs: Here's a really quick read about container-based background jobs, and how they help companies scale.
- Which Modern Database Is Right for Your Use Case?: Each database has a distinct set of advantages and disadvantages; check out this article for an overview of the most popular types.
- AWS Fargate: Overview and Alternatives: This article points out some of the holes in AWS Fargate, a serverless container management service, and offers alternatives to handle these flaws.
- How to Convert a String to a Number in PHP: Check out this guide to see the different ways to convert a string to a number in PHP.
- Tips for Monitoring Kubernetes Applications: Here's an explainer on Kubernetes metrics, and includes manifests to scrape and monitor them.
- Kong vs. DreamFactory: This article squares up these two API gateway solutions, and picks apart what sets them apart.
- Dell Boomi vs Xplenty: Comparison & Review: Here's another comparison article, with reviews included so you can understand which one might be better for your needs.
- Data Cleansing vs. Data Enriching: What's the Difference?: Take a look at this explainer on the differences between data cleansing and enriching, and why you need to know the difference
We hope you find these useful!